WHAT IS WEB HOSTING?
Web hosting is a service that allows you to post a website onto the Internet. A web host is a company that provides Internet space and connectivity. It allows you to remotely lease/purchase web servers to use for your website. It basically acts as a liaison between your site and the web. You’ve probably seen ads all over for hosts like GoDaddy, HostGator, DreamHost, Bluehost, and more.
WHAT THE HECK IS A WEB SERVER?
TYPES OF WEB HOSTING
- Easy to use
- Maintenance provided by hosting service
- Fewer options and flexibility
- Connection can be slow due to amount of sites on the hosting service
VIRTUAL PRIVATE SERVERS
- Quick to set up
- Easy to upgrade
- Requires more knowledge than with shared hosting
- Connection can be slow due to amount of pages
- Large amount of disk space and bandwidth
- 100% administrative access and flexibility
- Most expensive
- Requires high levels of knowledge
WHAT WEB HOST SHOULD YOU USE?